A soccer club is only as good as the people who lead the organization. It is through our collective energy focused toward building a lifetime of successful participation in an athletic capacity that we transfer these lessons outside of the field of play into our lives. Thank you to all the members of the community who make Altitude growing and vibrant.
Mark Burfeind, Executive Director
Mark Burfeind has worked in leadership and coaching roles at Castle Rock Storm, Storm Corporate offices, Colorado Elite Soccer Club, and ran his own business in the Castle Rock/Colorado Springs area. In addition he has an MBA and brings a wealth of experience in moving organizations toward success. Mark ‘s current coaching licenses include: USSF “B” , USSF National Youth, and NSCAA Premier Diploma.
One of the areas that Mark has his eye on already for Altitude is developing the programs for U9- U10 (the Academy Program) into a strong and vibrant program in preparation for kids playing either in the competitive program (starting about 11 years old) or continuing to play in the Developmental Program at Altitude. “I worked with Storm to build a program that really emphasized coaching, player development and focus on kids get better at this critical age. We believed that kids at this age are ready to take their next steps in development, but it takes a very specific and dedicated effort to help them truly reach their potential. That’s what we’re going to do here, at Altitude.” Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org
Director of Developmental: Andrew Stafford
- email – email@example.com, Cell 720.474.2432
- Andrew Stafford was born in Columbia, SC. He played youth soccer in Huntsville, AL, representing Alabama in Region III ODP four times and at the Snickers Regionals five times. His college years were spent pursuing academic endeavors while playing for the University of Alabama men’s club team. He joined the club in Fall 2011 in a volunteer position, working with Advanced and Developmental players. He is now the Developmental Director of Coaching. He currently holds a USSF D and Youth License. Additionally, he has coached and assisted teams in the Advanced and High School programs.
Director of Academy: Bill Arbogast
- email – firstname.lastname@example.org, Cell 303-596-8106
- Bill has made soccer his passion and life for the past 40 years. He has played and coached at the Club, High School, and College and Professional levels. He has worked in Colorado teaching USSF Licenses Coaching courses for the past 25 years. He received his USSF “A” license in 1998 and holds a USSF National Youth License. Player and coaching development combined with enjoyment and respect for the game are at the foundation of his philosophy. He has won Championships as a player for the Colorado Comets (1989 and 1990) and as a coach for Liberty High School in the State Championships (1991). He was Denver Post Coach of the Year in 1992. Bill has been a Director of Coaching and Technical Director for youth soccer clubs in Colorado Springs and Denver. He has also owned a USL team in his time living in Colorado. Bill has coached several players that are now currently playing in the MLS and other professional leagues.
Director of Advanced and High School Program U11 – U18: George Hunt
- email – email@example.com, Cell 303.579.5601
- George played soccer at Evergreen High School where he was part of two conference title teams. He earned 1st team All-Conference as well as Honorable Mention All-State. After High School he played at Laramie County Community College and was named first team All-Region IX. George attended Grandview University where he went to the quarter finals of the NAIA National Tournament and was the leading goal scorer in the MCAA conference.George’s coaching experience includes Evergreen High School as a JV coach and assistant Varsity Coach to the boys and Girls teams, Conifer High School boys Varsity coach. He was a staff coach with Edge soccer club as well as working with Stingers Soccer Club with a variety of ages. George’s current coaching licenses include: NSCAA Premier Diploma as well as the USSF “D”.George has a BA in education and has a Masters in Coaching and athletic administration.
Director of Goal Keepers Program U9 – U18: Scott Rose
- Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Scott started his playing career in the western suburbs of Cleveland Ohio. A member of North Ridgeville High School Varsity Soccer team and several stints with North Ridgeville United International Travel Team.
A proud member of The United States Air Force Armed Forces Team, Scott led the team as a Captain his last two years and won several awards. Including the Airman’s Medal of Valor off the field in the line of duty. Injury sidelined Scott’s playing career early which switched his passion for the game on the field, to coaching the game.
Starting his coaching career with Westminster AFC in 2002, Scott assisted the club as an assistant coach/goalkeeper coach and helped grow the teams from 14 to over 40 when he left to move to the Chicago-land area in 2010.
In the Summer of 2011 Scott was hired as a Head Coach for Illinois ODP Goalkeeping Staff where he remained until promoted to ODP Director of Goalkeeping in 2013. While in his ODP tenure, Scott helped place several D-1,2,3 and NAIA players. As the Goalkeeping Director his responsibilities included coaching, creating curriculums for over 100 goalkeepers and managing 16 coaches.
As an Assistant Coach/Goalkeeper Coach at Elmhurst College for both Mens and Womens programs, Scott has been involved in coaching over 140 collegiate NCAA matches. Not to mention coaching several Regional and an All-American goalkeeper.
Currently, Scott holds a staff position for U.S. Soccer Training Centers where he trains, evaluates and recruits U.S. Soccer Youth National Team players.
An Associate Staff Instructor for National Soccer Coaches Association of America which responsibilities include instructing the Goalkeeping 1 & 2 Diplomas.
Licenses and Diplomas:
NSCAA Advanced National Coaching Diploma
NCSAA Advanced National Goalkeeping Diploma
Goalkeeping 1 & 2
Scott has been married for over 22 years to his wife Kristine and has two daughters (Morgan 21 and McKenna 19) and resides in Evergreen.
Please find our Coaching List here